ISU First Health Exchange
To assist consumers in purchasing health insurance, two veteran insurance agencies partnered to create ISU First Health Exchange.
With offices in Columbus and Atlanta, ISU Paragon is a member of the ISU Network. With over 160 offices from coast to coast, ISU is one of the largest Insurance organizations in the United States. ISU supports over 1000 staff members, represents over 300 insurance companies and writes over 1.6 billion in annual insurance premium.
Michael is the president of ISU Paragon and the CEO of the ISU First Health Exchange. His responsibilities include the overall management of the agency along with developing the company’s marketing strategy. As a leader in the Southeastern insurance community for nearly 25 years, Michael has been on the forefront of the healthcare debate in the United States since it was first introduced by then President Bill Clinton in the early 90’s. Some of the awards and accolades received are as follows:
- 1994 The National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) presented Mr. Carmean with the American Enterprise Award for his leadership during the 1993-94 healthcare debates.
- 2002 Honored by Insurance Commissioner John Oxendine at “Columbus Salutes”.
- 2004 Awarded the GAHU Presidential Award for outstanding service representing the public on healthcare.
- 2005 Interviewed on Capitol Hill by MSNBC with Representative Harold Ford, Jr. of Tennessee.
- 2006 President of the Georgia Association of Health Underwriters.
- 2007 addressed the full Georgia Senate on healthcare after being introduced by Lt. Governor Casey Cagle and the current Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens.
- 2012 Awarded the Kathy Cruce Memorial Health Underwriter of the Year by the Georgia Association of Health Underwriters. The award named him Health Insurance Agent of the Year by his peers.
Michael’s personal joy is working with large multiple location employers. He has an extensive background in: Hospital Systems, Franchise Plans, Government Services and Heavy Construction.
You may contact him by email Mike@isuparagon.com or cell: 706-575-2408
Scott Forsyth, CEO of Forsyth Insurance, lives in Thomasville, Georgia, with his wife Stacey and three children. Scott graduated from Berry College in Rome, Georgia, in 1982 with a BA in accounting and began his CPA career in Atlanta. Scott is a graduate of the Harvard law school’s negotiation program and joined his family’s insurance business in 1990 with offices in Thomasville and Bainbridge. He is treasurer of the Bainbridge College Foundation, was treasurer of Bainbridge’s Rotary Club and is a board member of the Friendship House, a non-profit after-school and summer camp program that serves 200 at-risk children in south Georgia.
P.O. Box 1952
Thomasville, GA 31799